Shop Around the Region!
- Visit North Central
- Posted on December 15, 2021
North Central Massachusetts may be known for its sprawling orchards and farms but not known to most, it is also littered with unique shops that invent their own local flare. Whether you are looking for quaint boutiques, trying to find your next piece for your antique collection or shopping for new décor for your space, our region’s shops will be able to satisfy anyone’s shopping needs.
Spruce Up Your Look
- Creative Connections Gift Shop & Gallery has been owned and operated by a husband and wife team since 2016. Located in the tow of Ashburnham in the Monadnock Region of North Central Massachusetts, the gallery represents an eccentric mix of emerging and mid-career contemporary artists working in a wide range of styles and mediums. The gift shop is a destination space featuring artisan pottery, blown glass, hand-made jewelry, wearable art and more.
- Squirrel-Eze is a local artisan jewelry shop and boutique that was opened in 1995 as a portable jewelry stand by Helen Yetman-Bellows and Jim Bellows in Townsend. Both serving as full-time silversmiths since the start of the shop, Helen creates signed original designs, handmade one line at a time, combining simple, ancient techniques to create intricate, complex designs. Jim specializes in chain maille, a series of interconnected woven metal rings, once worn by knights for protection, now modified and refined to create classic, elegant jewelry. Their award-winning designs are bold yet delicate. Inspired by their love of nature and simplicity they make a statement not an impact.
- Main Street Gift & Café is a quintessential gift shop located in the heart of Leominster. The gift shop is a destination for handmade décor sourced from Amish country, books, and many more unique local items. While you are looking around the shop, you can indulge in some of their tasty sweets or many coffee options.
For Your Antiquing Treasure Hunt
- Hobart Village Antique Mall is located in picturesque town of West Townsend. The name of the mall is derived from the historic Inn located on the property. The Inn was built in 1774 on a land grant given to William Hobart. The Shop features over 80 dealers displaying a unique variety of vintage antiques and collectibles. The Shop has a large selection of fine collectables, jewelry, hand painted china, sterling silver, oriental items, books, postcards, linens and so much more. They also feature a large selection of furniture, including tables, chairs, beds in mahogany, oak, and pine from the early nineteenth century to mid-twentieth century.
- Jeffrey’s Antique Co-op Mall is a large multi-dealer vintage shop in Lunenburg. Home of 150 dealers offering an ever-changing stock of antiques & collectibles. Their dealers offer a great selection of furniture, country décor, vintage toys, costume jewelry, pottery, glassware, linens, postcards, local memorabilia, china, and more.
Snack on Local Products
- The Barn Door is Tuscan-inspired general store in Pepperell, owned by the Mahoney Family who are fueled by their deep love for Italian cuisine, culture, heritage, and everything in between. The Barn Door is an experience and service destination with fun for the whole family. Inside are antique and curated displays showcasing a wide range of local, artisan, and import European goods; a meticulously selected boutique area filled with home décor and gift items; and gourmet goods and specialty cheese featuring imported and local artisans.
- The Kitchen Garden is a New England country store in Templeton established in 1988, which began as a roadside stand, Henshaw Farm & Gardens, with a goal to provide fresh, local produce, flowers, eggs, baked goods and more in a relaxing country atmosphere. The store is filled with the aroma of our fresh Finnish coffee bread, homemade pies, muffins and more brings back pleasant memories of home cooking. Their farming background, New England heritage, Finnish roots and love of the area are evident in the array of foods, books and gifts found at the store.
- Mill No. 3 is a country farm stand and general store in Fitchburg, owned by a husband and wife team since 1996, when they launched their pilot project selling fresh corn and tomatoes from a flatbed trailer. Since then, Mill No. 3 has earned a reputation for its friendly atmosphere and its good food. The farm stand and general store is stocked with gourmet local goods, local and national craft beers and wine, unique gifts, jewelry, accessories, and country home décor. They also customize gift baskets – big or small —all year long, creating a special, one of a kind gift you will be happy to give!