Fireworks, Food and Fun!
- Visit North Central
- Posted on June 23, 2017
Looking for something fun to do with family and friends this 4th of July? Look no further than right here in North Central Massachusetts! With dozens of things to do the week of the 4th, you are certain to find something that everyone in your party will enjoy.
1. Cruise Night at Kimball Farm (June 30 @ 8:00 am – 5:00 pm)
Kimball’s recurring event is always a fan favorite. Take your family to ice cream where you can also enjoy browsing over 300 cars, hot rods, classic cars and uniques on display. Enjoy music by The 215th US Army Band performs and giveaways! Also don’t forget to take a ride on the original Kimball Express.
2. Splash Bash Weekend (July 1 – July 2)
Come to Davis Farmland July 1st weekend and celebrate the opening of Adventure Play and Spray. While you’re there check out the interactive animal showcase and explore Adventureland!
3. Ayer Parade and Fireworks (July 1 @ 2:00 pm – 11:00 pm)
The 4th celebration begins with a parade at 2 pm on Main Street, followed by a bike decorating contest, fair with vendors and crafters, food and live entertainment, capped by fireworks at 9:30 pm. Make sure to stop by and start your 4th festivities!
4. Concert at Monument Park (July 1 @ 6:00 pm – 8:00 pm & July 8 @ 6:00 pm – 9:00 pm)
Bring a lawn chair and blanket, and come on down and enjoy a wide variety and taste of music. The concerts includes performances from bands like Trailer Park, a Rock and Roll with Saxophones band. Don’t miss a beat and bring the family down for a night of music!
5. Moonlight Hike and Campfire for Families (July 1 @ 7:00 pm – 9:00 pm)
Listen for owls or coyotes, and walk among lightning bugs in the meadows, then enjoy s’mores around the campfire, nothing says the 4th of July like the great outdoors! Fee: $15 Adult, $8 Child.
6. Fitchburg Block Party and Fireworks (July 3 @ 5:00 pm – 11:00 pm)
The annual Civic Days celebration continues with music on three stages, food and fun all day, and then fireworks starting at 10:00 pm on Rollstone Hill.
7. Fitchburg Fourth of July Parade (July 4 @ 10:00 am – 12:00 pm)
Continue the 4th festivities in downtown Fitchburg, on Summer Street and Main Street. Bring a folding chair and sunglasses, and settle in to watch a good old-fashioned Independence Day parade, complete with fire trucks, clowns, marching bands, floats and more.
8. Reading of the Declaration of Independence (July 4 @ 11:00 am – 1:00 pm)
Come to the First Church in Templeton Center in celebration of our nation’s birthday. Display of Civil War memorabilia, photos, artifacts and presentations at the Narragansett Historical Society.
9. Concert on the Fitchburg Common (July 5 @ 6:30 pm – 8:30 pm)
Come enjoy a free show in downtown Fitchburg! Way Up South performs at the bandstand on the picturesque Upper Common.
10. Flair performs at the Leominster Summer Concert Series (July 6 @ 7:00 pm – 10:00 pm)
Come down and enjoy another show at Carter Park in Leominster! The perfect night for friends and family to kick back and enjoy the music!
11. Mac N Cheese Festival on Templeton Common (July 8 @ 11:00 am – 3:00 pm)
The 4th of July is an excuse to eat lots of food! So do not forget to check out the Mac N Cheese Festival – from Mac N Cheeseburgers, Mac N Cheesedogs, Mac N Cheese Pizza and Mac N Cheese from local establishments this festival is Mac N Cheese Heaven. The festival will also have music, vendors, raffles, touch a truck, and kids’ games!
12. Full Moon Canoeing Tour in Groton (July 8 @ 7:00 pm – 9:00 pm)
Enjoy some outdoor fun with the family this weekend! Set out by canoe at dusk and as darkness approaches, watch the moon rise, being on the lookout for owls, beaver, bats, and other night life. After some delicious refreshments, you’ll return following the moon’s ribbon of light. Registration required: visit nashobapaddler.com.
For more events and info check out www.visitnorthcentral.com/event/!