Treat Yourself to The 10 Best Places to get Ice Cream in North Central Mass
- Visit North Central
- Posted on May 30, 2017
Looking for something sweet to do this summer in North Central Mass? There’s no better way to cool off a hot summer day like enjoying a few scoops of ice cream from one of the numerous local ice cream stands. From ice cream bars with petting zoos, to ice cream parlors where you can play a few rounds of golf; you are bound to find somewhere where you can just grab a quick cone or enjoy the day with numerous activities. Here is a list of 10 places in North Central Mass to grab ice cream with family and friends.
- Kimball’s Farm – Lancaster, MA. One of several famous Kimball’s Farm shops is located right here in North Central MA. Known for both its food and ice cream, people travel far to pick up cartons of their homemade ice cream. Their country store is also known for its popularity, where customers can pick up kitchen and home décor, gourmet foods, and Kimball’s original line of gourmet sauces, jams and jellies. In addition, every Friday night from June to memorial weekend stop on by for Cruise Night, and enjoy over 300+ antique cars, music and giveaways.
- Cherry Hill Ice Cream and Cherry Hill Too – Lunenburg, MA and Townsend, MA. With its convenient two locations Cherry Hill has been enjoyed by many locals and NC residents for years. Cherry Hill is known for its great prices, and local success. Cherry Hill is open 7 days a week, to help you cool off from the summer heat.
- Red Apple Farm – Phillipston, MA. Red Apple Farm certainly has something for the whole family. From its very own farm where you can pick your own fresh fruits and vegetables, to hay wagon rides, you will not leave disappointed. You can also enjoy the country store, with its farm-fresh treats like: fresh baked pies, famous apple dumplings and cider donuts, cold and hot cider, fruit-topped ice cream, fresh fudge, assortment of jar goods, and locally-made gifts.
- Bolton Orchards, Bolton, MA. Another local favorite, Bolton Orchards not only includes delicious ice cream to enjoy this summer, but it also includes a delicious deli, and fresh produce to pick up while you’re there. Bolton Orchards also has their own Red Barn Café where you can pick up locally roasted coffee.
- Rota Spring Ice Cream – Sterling, MA. One mile off Route 62, this easy to get to ice cream shop is worth the trip. Not only can you enjoy an ice cream cone, but Rota’s also has a free petting zoo, where you are welcome to also feed the animals. Rota’s is open every day from 11:30 to 9:30 pm, perfect for entertainment.
- Kay’s Dairy Bar – Westminster, MA. Looking for soft served? Kay’s has got that on the menu, as well as a variety of hard served ice cream. But let’s not stop there, Kay’s is also very well known for its delicious seafood, and grilled foods. Friends and Family can enjoy a whole meal at Kay’s while spending quality time outside on a summer day.
- Carol’s Dairy Bar – Fitchburg, MA. One of Fitchburg’s local gems has been satisfying locals for decades. Not only can you enjoy a delicious ice cream sundae, but you can add food to the mix as well. Known for its very yummy seafood and hot dogs – it makes a perfect family lunch or dinner outing.
- Murdock Farm Dairy – Winchendon, MA. Another local favorite, Murdock Farm Dairy has a very homey feel. While you sit outside and enjoy every bite, you can look at the farm’s animals, from goats to cows.
- Johnson’s Restaurant and Dairy Bar – Groton, MA. Open since 1946, Johnson’s Restaurant and Dairy Bar has become a town trade mark. Not only do they serve numerous flavors of ice cream, including the fan favorites of Suzanna Banana and Tina’s Twix – but the Dairy Bar has a full operating restaurant. Johnson’s makes home cooked meals on its steam table, and also makes delicious paninis and wraps.
- Cold Stone Creamery – Leominster, MA. Known all over America, Cold Stone is known for its classic parlor feel. Cold Stone is perfect for a rainy summer day where you still want to enjoy a couple scoops of ice cream but stay in side. Its indoor location is perfect for a sit down style ice cream date with friends and family.